iZotope makes innovative products that inspire and enable people to be creative. Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, iZotope has spent over a decade developing award-winning products and audio technologies for professionals and hobbyists alike. Used by millions of people in over 50 countries, iZotope products are a core component of GRAMMY-winning music studios, Oscar and Emmy-winning film and TV post production studios, and prominent radio studios, as well as basement and bedroom studios across the globe. Through a robust licensing program, iZotope also powers products made by industry partners such as Adobe, Avid, Microsoft, and Sony. Most recently, iZotope was honored with an Emmy® Award for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development for its flagship audio repair suite, RX®
No two days are alike and we love it that way.
Each day brings a new spin on the same pursuit—transforming our passion for audio into innovations in the way we create and listen to sound.
No two projects are alike and we thrive on it.
Desktop apps, plug-ins, mobile apps, hardware units, video game middleware, technology licensing and more—we do it all and we do it well.
No two people are alike and we celebrate it.
Some may be more musical, some may be more technical, some may be more business-minded...but each of us brings a fresh perspective to round out the iZotope mix.
Do you like working in a cheerful environment with abundant benefits and compelling work? Check out the Scrum Master job description below-you just might be a perfect fit.
About the Job:
iZotope is looking for a prolific and talented individual to join our industrious and energetic Marketing team. An iZotope Copy Master is a senior-level writer and is expected to deliver captivating copy that will help intrigue, educate, and entertain the iZotope community. The ideal candidate has a keen mastery of the written word and a strong background in audio/music technology. The Copy Master will also be responsible for steering materials authored by other contributors, and will lead the charge as iZotope begins localizing content into other languages.
Responsibilities will include:
● Writing insightful product marketing copy for the iZotope website and periodic email campaigns
● Developing benefit-focused messaging that tells the story of our award-winning products
● Developing content for other marketing initiatives, such as monthly newsletters, blog articles, artist features, social media campaigns, partner collaborations, and more
● Managing the project schedule and project briefings for occasional freelance writers or other internal contributors
● Editing materials provided by other writers for both quality and consistency with the iZotope “voice”
● Helping to devise the action plan for localizing our website, guides, and other key Marketing materials, while serving as point person for related translation work
● Supporting the development and production of technical product materials, such as educational guides, articles, and white papers
● 5-7 years of professional writing experience
● Bachelor’s Degree
● Clear, succinct, and flawless writing and editing style (occasional tpyos aside)
● Flexible writing style to address different audiences while maintaining a consistent iZotope “voice”
● Conscientious attention to detail
● Ability to deliver work on time and in a finalized format
● Ability to plan, work, and iterate effectively with external writers
● Ability to juggle multiple projects and proactively prioritize them
● Ability to distill technical information into digestible, user-friendly concepts and stories
● Ability to cheerfully and effectively collaborate with Marketing, Product Management, and others
● Experience with translation services and software systems preferred
● Hands-on experience with iZotope products and major DAWs and NLEs a plus
● Experience with SEO optimization a plus
● Must be authorized to work in the US
This is a full-time position located in our Cambridge, MA office. All applications should include a cover letter, resume, and at least three relevant writing samples.